The Psychology Minor Program and the Teacher's Certificate Minor in Psychology Program are currently being revised to allow for greater flexibility in course selection. Please meet with a Psychology Faculty Advisor to learn more about this process. More more information, please click here to view the current (yet to be revised) Psychology Minor Program and Teacher's Certificate Minor in Psychology Program requirements.
Psychology Department information
All requirements of any Psychology program, including the Psychology Program (BA) and Psychology Program (BS) .
All requirements of the University Honors Program , including:
- HON 155 - Great Books I (5)
- HON 156 - Great Books II (5)
- HON 251 - Great Ideas I (3)
- HON 252 - Great Ideas II: The Impact of Technology on Society, An Historical Perspective (3)
- HON 393 - Independent Study and Research Methods (1-3).
- HON 498 - Senior Honors Seminar (3)
- PSY 494 - Off Campus Study Preparation (1-3).
- HON 494 - Off-Campus Study Preparation (1-3). (1 credit)
Optional, one from:
- PSY 495 - Honors Thesis I (4).
- HON 495 - Honors Thesis I (Off-Campus Study) (4). (Optional)
- PSY 496 - Honors Thesis II (4).
- HON 496 - Honors Thesis II (Senior Honors Project) (4).
Prospective Honors Program students are urged to acquaint themselves as early as possible with the requirements above as well as with the particular procedures for acceptance into the Psychology Department’s Honors Program. See the departmental honors advisor, or the Honors Program Director for this information.
Minimum Credits for the Degree: 120 credits (BA), 124 credits (BS)