Eighteen to nineteen credits as follows:
A. Core Courses (12 credits)
- PHS 315 - Introduction to Epidemiology (3)
- PHS 420 - Introduction to Environmental Health (3)
- PHS 421 - Occupational Health and Safety (3)
- PUB 422 - Environmental Law and Public Policy (3).
B. Electives (6-7 credits)
One of the following groups:
- ESS 285 - Environmental Hazards and Natural Disasters (3)
- ESS 485 - Environmental Emergency Management (3).
- GEO 203 - Introduction to Spatial Analysis (3)
- GEO 452 - Geographic Information Systems I (4).
The Minor in Environmental Health provides a basic introduction to the field of environmental health. It is designed to supplement degree work in fields such as chemistry, biology, health care, earth and resource science, or public administration.
Faculty Advisor: Suzanne Selig, Ph.D.
For a major in the environmental health field see the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences program