This community takes great pride in its reputation for attracting, cultivating, and recognizing “doers” – resilient individuals who aren’t afraid to take initiative and make the world a better place.
Flint has a robust and vibrant cultural community, and is a hub of education within mid-Michigan. Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find in Flint:
• UM-Flint Ice Rink, voted by Pure Michigan as one of Michigan's top outdoor ice rinks
• Capitol Theatre, a historic and trendy theater right in the heart of downtown Flint
• The Eberson, a vintage arcade co-owned by a UM-Flint alum
• Flint Cultural Center, which includes the Flint Institute of Arts, Flint Institute of Music, Longway Planetarium, Flint Repertory Theatre, Sloan Museum, Applewood Estate, and the Flint Public Library
• The College Town membership at the Flint Institute of Arts, Michigan's second-largest art museum, offers free admission every day to college students
• The Flint Farmers’ Market is not your every-day market. This year-round, indoor market features great food, entertainment, kitchen demonstrations, events, and more
• Hiking, Biking, and Paddle trails for the outdoor enthusiasts
• One-of-a-kind eateries just steps away from campus
• The Whiting hosts the monthly Whiting After Dark for students at just $5, which includes karaoke nights, drag shows, trivia, and more.
• Genesee County Parks, for when you want to get away, right away
• Flint Children’s Museum is a hands-on learning adventure for kids
• Boutiques that sell things from custom skateboards to handmade boots to clothing and accessories
Flint is also host to regional festivals and events such as the Crim Festival of Races and Back to the Bricks car cruise. And don’t forget great local events such as Artwalk, Flint Alley Fest, music festivals, food truck round-ups, and the Flint Art Fair.
Visit the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce for even more great ideas and places to visit in and around the city of Flint.
We’re conveniently located about an hour from Ann Arbor, Lansing, and Detroit, MI. That means access to even more restaurants, theaters, and nightlife. And, for you sports fans, a short trip to see and cheer on your Wolverines!
Thinking of visiting Flint? There are many local accommodations available from which to choose!