University of Michigan-Flint is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, one of six regional accrediting agencies in the United States. The HLC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation.
Academic Program Accreditation
The following organizations also have issued accreditation to UM-Flint programs. For additional information about each of these agencies, please follow the link provided.
- American Chemical Society
- Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Council on Accreditation for Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
- Michigan Department of Education
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET