Non-Candidate for Degree Students
Students who have already earned a bachelor's degree and/or are interested in taking a few classes for personal enrichment, continuing education, or teacher's certification are considered Non-Candidate for Degree (NCFD) students.
You can be considered as a non-candidate for degree student if:
- You have already earned a bachelor's degree and are interested in taking a few classes for personal enrichment, continuing education, or teacher's certification.
- You have been out of high school or college for five or more years and are not eligible to be admitted as a freshman or transfer student. Admitted NCFD students interested in becoming degree-seeking must complete 24 or more credits with a grade of C or better to be considered for degree-seeking status.
NCFD Admission Process
- Meet with an Admissions Counselor (optional).
- Submit a completed application for admission with application fee of $30. The application fee is not required for students who have previously applied and/or attended UM-Flint. Applications are available online or in the Office of Admissions.
- For Teacher's Certification students only: Submit official copies of transcripts/proof of degree (from all schools previously attended) to the Office of Admissions. For students having earned a bachelor's degree - submit a copy of your proof of degree (diploma) or transcripts which list the degree awarded. For students who have not attended college/university - submit high school transcripts, ACT/SAT scores (if available).
- Submit all supporting documents with your application. This includes rèsumès and letters of recommendation. If you wish to request a waiver of the application fee for reasons of financial hardship, download and complete the Request for Application Fee Waiver and return it to the Office of Admissions.
- You will be notified of a decision within two weeks of application submission.
Eligibility for Financial Aid
Non-Candidate for Degree (NCFD) students are not eligible to receive financial aid.