Academic Advising

The Student Success Center (SSC) provides academic advising for newly admitted undergraduate students until they are transitioned to faculty advisors in the department of their major and is the primary advising office for Major Not Declared/exploring students.

Advisors help students to make informed decisions about their course selections and university policies and procedures.  They also offer career services for all students.  Students should meet prior to each registration with their primary/faculty advisor in their major department and also with their SSC advisor regarding their career development progress.

Surviving College

Information to help you! Course load guidelines and recommendations, choosing how many courses to take, University versus high school and additional homework, study and test taking tips.

Counseling, Accessibility, and Psychological Services (CAPS)

Online screening tools are available through the Counseling, Accessibility, and Psychological Services (CAPS) Web page. These screening tools help determine if it would be beneficial to talk with someone about concerns.  Screenings available for:

  • Depression
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Alcohol Problems
  • Eating Disorders
  • Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Why is there a hold on my account?

1. Log in to SIS
2. Click the Student Services tab
3. Click the "Student Records" link
4. Click the "View Holds" link.
5. Contact the department that placed the hold.

Where Am I Advised?

All students have a primary and non-primary advisor based on their declared major. The primary advisor is an advisor in the academic department. The non-primary advisor is an advisor in Academic Advising. You should always go to your primary advisor/department for advising, however you are always welcome to see an advisor in the Student Success Center. Log in to SIS, select Student Services tab, choose Student Records and View Your Academic Advisor/Department.