The purpose of the WebFOCUS project is the following:
- Enable the campus community to obtain accurate, timely and needed information/reports out of our information system such as SCT Banner, EMASPro, Altiris, etc…
- Devise a campus wide interactive reporting environment which would be user-friendly and capable of generating reports keeping in mind various needs of various levels of management as well as technical expertise.
- Create business intelligence applications to help executives and administrators with forecasting, trend analysis and strategic decision-making.
- Create a secure, web-based reporting system, providing instant end-user access to information. Visually represent information via secure, role-specific dashboards. Create a reporting system that would assist administration in making informed, intelligent policy decisions based on facts depicted in easy to interpret dashboards, charts, graphs, trends and other reporting formats. It will boost productivity and strengthen decision making by providing faster access to information.
- Implementation of this project and a new reporting portal will eliminate paper-based reports to reduce costs for printing, labor, supplies.
- Empower end users to create their own custom reports while freeing up AIMS technical staffs from fielding custom requests.
- In a time of tighter funding it is imperative that we have a good grasp on issues regarding student retention, graduation success rates, and what students do after they leave the college. We need to know how we are doing as an institution. We have the data, we just need to be able to extract the right information from it.