Admission & Degree Requirements
UM-Flint Admission Requirements
- Students must meet UM-Flint's minimum transfer student admissions requirements.
- Completion of an AAS, including at least 16 transferable semester-hour credits, which apply toward UM-Flint's general education requirements.
- Completion of UM-Flint's general education requirements
- Completion of at least 124 credits, at least 33 of which in upper division (300 or above), and at least 30 of which taken at UM-Flint
- Completion of a concentration in Applied Science, consisting entirely of technical credits taken during the associate degree program, and one of the following options chosen in consultation with an advisor and allowing pursuit of areas of interest in some depth.
- Completion of a concentration minor offered by UM-Flint
- Fifteen (15) semester hours in each of two disciplines of the student’s choice: At least six (6) semester hours in one discipline must be in courses numbered 300 or above; three (3) semester hours in the other discipline must be in courses numbered 300 or above.
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better in the total work at UM-Flint