Student Responsibilities and Documentation
- Students who believe they are eligible for services must self-identify and provide current documentation of their disability to CAPS in order to determine appropriate services.
- Students are encouraged to schedule a meeting with a CAPS staff member before the start of an academic year to discuss specific needs and accommodations.
- Students are strongly encouraged to be proactive due to the fact that some accommodations, e.g., adaptive equipment, alternative book format, etc., can take several weeks to order/obtain.
- Students are expected to provide their own transportation, personal attendant, and other items not directly related to the academic environment.
- Documentation should not be more than three years old and turned in within 30 days of registering with CAPS.
- Documentation should come from the health care professional who diagnosed or is currently treating you and must be an expert in the field.