The staff of Counseling Services is available to offer consultations to university staff and faculty regarding a wide variety of mental health issues that you may encounter with our students, such as emotional and behavioral problems on campus. If you feel you need our consultation, please call 762-3456 and ask to speak one of our Counselors. Please note, Counseling Services also provides crisis intervention services for students. If you are with a student who is in crisis, either call 762-3456 and ask to speak to the Counselor on Duty or bring the student to 264 UCEN and ask to see the Counselor on Duty.



In recognition of the University's goal to maintain a climate sensitive to the individual needs of the faculty and staff (active and retired) and their immediate families, FASAP offers a number of services to help with personal difficulties encountered at both work and home. Services include:

Short term counseling services on personal, emotional, family and work place issues
Critical incident, trauma and grief counseling
Brown Bag educational presentations on a variety of emotional and mental health topics

All FASAP services are free of charge and confidential.


Faculty Ombuds

The Ombuds office assists faculty members by providing confidential and impartial assistance that supports faculty in the resolution of issues 
relating to their employment.