2018 Fall Career Fair
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
The Career Center hosts Career Fairs each year to bring students and recruiters together, right here on campus. All students are encouraged to attend to:
- Meet with recruiters and graduate schools targeting UM-Flint students
- Learn about application deadlines/process
- Find professional experiences
- Network with industry members
- Expand your knowledge of potential career/educational opportunities
Corporations and graduate schools are looking for students like you to fill full-time, part-time, internships, and seasonal opportunities. Recruiters want to speak with students from all class levels (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, and Graduate).
Tips for students attending the fair:
- Attend Career Fair Prep Workshops
- Research the companies
- Dress professionally – The same as you would for an interview.
- Greet recruiters with a smile and firm handshake
- Bring several copies of your resume – At least 20
- Talk to at least 2 companies you are not familiar with
- Don’t just drop your resume off at a recruiter’s table and walk away, introduce yourself and ask questions about their hiring needs. – This is an opportunity to build your network
- Be prepared to interview- You may have the opportunity to interview on site.