Entering the University of Michigan-Flint

Whether you are a new freshman or a transfer student, you must submit an application to the Admissions Office. They can assist you with gaining acceptance into the University, transferring classes, and familiarizing you with the campus. Once you have been accepted, you will receive a letter from the Academic Advising Center letting you know where you should go for advising. Typically, you will start out meeting with an advisor from Academic Advising, and then sent directly to the Art Department for advising. Most placement tests are administered by the Academic Advising Center. You can still take art courses without being admitted into the program.

Entering into the Art Department
Once you have declared art as your major on your admissions application or through the Registrar's Office, you will be advised through the Art Department.

Honors Program in Art
Admission into the Honors Program is decided during the time of admission into the University. Applicants are considered on the basis of grade point average, extracurricular activities, ACT score, and personal interview. All honors students start out as part of the general Honors Program. Once you have declared art as your major and completed the freshman/sophomore honors program, you will apply to the Honors Program in Art.