Dr. Olanrewaju Aluko
Assistant Professor of Engineering
- Research Interests
- Teaching Experience
- Professional Registration and Memberships
- Selected Publications
Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering, Howard University, Washington DC
Master of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ilorin, Nigeria
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Ilorin, Nigeria
- Mechanical behavior, characterization and processing of metallic alloy
- Nanostructured materials and nanocomposites
- Modeling of fibrous composite materials under shock, fatigue and impact loading and
- Pedagogic models in engineering education
- Engineering Mechanics and Design
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Experimental Mechanics and Analysis
- PE License, USA
- FE/EIT License USA
- Registered Engineer (COREN), Nigeria
- Professional member ASEE
- Professional member of ASME
- O. Aluko and M.B. Adeyemi, “Warm Compression Tests of Aluminum Alloy”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance (ASMI) vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 474-478, August 1998.
- N. Tomlinson, H. A. Whitworth, O. Aluko and B. Moore, “Stresses Around Pin Loaded Holes in Mechanically fastened Joints”, Proceedings of the 23rd Southeastern Conference on Theoretical and Applied mechanics (SECTAM XXIII), Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, May 2006.
- H. A. Whitworth, O. Aluko and N. Tomlinson, “Strength Analysis of Composite Pinned Joints”, Proceedings of the 16th European Conference of Fracture, Alexandroupolis, Greece, July 3-7, 2006.
- H. A. Whitworth, O. Aluko and N. Tomlinson, “Application of the Point Stress Criterion to the Failure of Composite Pinned Joints” Engineering Fracture Mechanics, vol. 75 issue 7, pp. 1829-1839, May 2008
- O. Aluko and H.A. Whitworth, “A Compact Analytic Method for Stress Distribution in Composite Pinned Joints”, Composite Structures. Vol. 86, Issue 4, December, 2008.
- O. Aluko, and H.A. Whitworth “Contact Stress Analysis around Elliptic Bolt-Loaded Holes in Orthotropic Plates”(In preparation)