Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan 2013-2014
Aetna Student Health Policy #711146
This page provides highlights of the plan. Details are available online. Click here for a Printable Summary.
Further information, brochures and applications:
- Aetna Student Health, policy #711146, 877-480-4161 (application available online). When searching for school use University of Michigan.
- UHS Managed Care/Student Insurance Office, 734-764-5182 or toll-free 866-368-0002 or email UHSemail@example.com.
UM-Flint students with insurance questions may call Ann Arbor ’s toll-free number 866-368-0002 or Aetna Student Health 877-480-4161.
Who Can Enroll? This plan is available (subject to verification) to:
U-M students enrolled in classes or between semesters (e.g. during spring/summer session) at the Ann Arbor, Dearborn or Flint campuses, including:
- Graduate and doctoral students who are completing graduation requirements (writing thesis, preparing dissertation, studying for prelims, studying abroad on detatched study, pre-doctoral candidates, etc.)
- International students, students with dual citizenship and visiting scholars who are not eligible for international insurance
Green card holders who meet the above qualifications
Eligible spouses, unmarried domestic partners of any gender, and children of all the groups listed above
A U-M student enrolled in the Plan who is on an approved medical leave of absence needs to have purchased the insurance prior to the event causing medical leave. Coverage for medical leave cannot extend beyond one Policy Year past the current year enrolled for classes.
Age is not a factor in determining eligibility for students, spouses or domestic partners with this plan.
After the enrollment deadline, only those students who have involuntarily lost health insurance coverage through a Qualifying Life Event becomes eligible to purchase the plan, limited to within 31 days after the Qualifying Life Event. See Full Plan Details (PDF) page 11.
How to enroll or make payments: Enroll anytime online. (Note: eligibility for enrollment is subject to verification.) To enroll online:
- Go to the Aetna Web site.
- You will receive enrollment confirmation via email. Processing pharmacy benefits may take 5 business days following Aetna Student Health's receipt of a complete enrollment form and appropriate premium payment. If you need a prescription filled immediately, contact UHS Managed Care/Student Insurance Office.
Student Health Insurance Committee negotiates this insurance plan for students and addresses domestic student health insurance issues. See Student Health Insurance Committee for more information.