Student Health Insurance
Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan 2009-10 Aetna Student Health Policy #711146
Domestic Student Health Insurance
Aetna Student Health Policy #711146
Further information, brochures and applications:
· Aetna Student Health, policy #711146, 800-242-3721 (application available on-line)
· UHS Managed Care/Student Insurance Office, 734-764-5182 or toll-free 866-368-0002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- UM-Flint students with insurance questions may call Ann Arbor’s toll-free number 866-368-0002 or Aetna Student Health 800-242-3721.
· UM students enrolled in classes or between semesters (e.g. during spring/summer session) at the Ann Arbor, Dearborn or Flint campuses, including:
o Graduate and doctoral students who are completing graduation requirements (writing thesis, preparing dissertation, studying for prelims, studying abroad on detached study, pre-doctoral candidates, etc.)
o International students, students with dual citizenship and visiting scholars who are not eligible for international insurance
o Green card holders who meet the above qualifications
· Eligible spouses, unmarried domestic partners of any gender and children of all the groups listed above
· A UM student enrolled in the Plan who receives an approved medical leave of absence (coverage for medical leave will not extend past the current year enrolled)
· Age is not a factor in determining eligibility for students, spouses or domestic partners with this plan.
To enroll online:
1. Go to the Aetna Student Health website
2. Click on "Students” at top of page
3. Click on "Find Your School"
4. Type in policy number “711146”
5. Click on “University of Michigan”
6. Click on "Plans & Products Offered to You"
7. Click on “Student Health Insurance Plan”
8. Click on "Enroll"
9. Click on “Enroll Here for the University of Michigan Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan”
10. You will receive enrollment confirmation via email. Processing pharmacy benefits may take 5 business days following Aetna Student Health's receipt of a complete enrollment form and appropriate premium payment.
Student Health Insurance Committee negotiates this insurance plan for students and addresses domestic student health insurance issues. See Student Health Insurance Committee for more information.