Planning an event?  Event and Building Services provides event services to all customer types.  Below you will find information for student club and organizations, UM-Flint departments, UM-Flint alumni and the general public.

General Public

Planning an event?  Let the Event and Building Services help!

Host your personal or business special event at an exceptional University of Michigan-Flint facility.  We offer the perfect setting for events, including, anniversary celebrations, banquets, class reunions, conferences, ethnic celebrations, holiday celebrations, seminars, weddings and receptions.  Below you will find information on the event policies, rental spaces, equipment rental, bar service, catering service and special rate packages.  For more information, please contact Event and Building Services.

Standard policy
Rental facilities


  • University Theatre

    • For availability and rental rates for the University Theatre, please contact Doug Mueller

Rental Equipment
Bar Service


UM-Flint departments can reserve event space on campus. 

standard policy
Bar Service

UM-Flint is issued a class 'C' license under the title 'Riverfront Campus'.  This license enables the University to serve alcohol for events on an 'as requested' basis.  It does not allow a regular 'bar' service that would operate daily.  The liquor license is specified only for Riverfront.  This license gives the capability of offering a cash bar or an open bar.  Alcohol cannot be served at events at which UM-Flint students may attend.


Non-licensed UM-Flint facilities in which alchol service may occur:

University event are unable to obtain a 'special license' to sell alcohol in an unlicensed facility.  In order for a University event to offer alcohol in a non-licensed facility, either the university group or the caterer, if applicable, must provide the alcohol.  All of the following must apply:

  • The event must be free - tickets may not be sold.
  • The event must be by invitation only - it cannot be open to the general public.
  • There can be no mention of alcohol in the invitation, in any printed or electronic material for the event.
  • The alcohol must be free of charge - no cash bar.
  • The event is monitored by a professional staff member from EBS.
  • All alcohol servers are TAM- or TIPS-certified EBS employees.
  • The alcohol must be purcahsed out of a discretionary fund that is a non-general fund.
  • Alcohol cannot be served at events at which UM-Flint students may attend.