Please find the full policy in the Student Life Guidebook from the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership.
- Flyers/posters may be posted on designated bulletin boards and on the concrete pillars inside the University Center only.
- All flyers and posters must be approved by the Office of Student Life. If a flyer or poster is distributed without the official Student Life stamp of approval, it will be removed immediately.
- Flyers cannot exceed 11”x17”.
- No off-campus advertising is permitted.
- They may not be posted on doors, glass, painted surfaces, or bricks.
- Only one flyer per bulletin board or pillar.
- Table tents can be made from a paper size of 8.5”x11” maximum.
- They can be placed on tables on the 3rd floor University Center and University Pavilion dining area only.
- All table tents must be approved by the Office of Student Life prior to distribution.
- Unauthorized table tents will be removed immediately.
Banners may be hung in the following locations:
- 2nd floor balcony of UCEN into Atrium
- 2nd floor balcony of UCEN facing TV’s
- 3rd floor stairwell in UCEN in front of Grill 155
- 3rd floor railing in UCEN in front of Student Loft
- 2nd floor balcony in Thompson Library
- 2nd floor balcony in University Pavilion (permanent, vinyl banners only; no paper banners allowed)
- Only numbered windows in the University Center and the MSB Breezeway may be painted.
- You must reserve windows through the Student Organization Center at least 24 hours prior to painting the windows.
- Only water-based window paint may be used on the windows. Please see the Office of Student Life for approval of paint.
- Use of tape is not permitted on windows or glass.
- Chalking is permitted on the sidewalks and open walkways of campus property; however, you are not allowed to chalk directly in front of entranceways.
- No chalking is permitted on any vertical locations, including the sides of buildings, concrete pillars, etc.
- Chalking must be in a location where the advertisement can be reached by rain; therefore, chalking under any overhang is prohibited.