Event Rate Definitions
Event Rate A
Recognized student organizations and University departments may schedule and use space free of charge if ALL of the following criteria are met:
- The University department or recognized student organization is the sole sponsor and host of the event.
- There is no revenue generated or fees involved OR when ALL revenue is donated to one or more scholarships or charities OR the event is a fundraiser where all revenue goes to the recognized student organization.
- The event will support the mission of the University department or recognized student organization.
- The event is not held in the NBC Grand Ballroom.
When using NBC Grand Ballroom and all of the above conditions are met the following rates will apply: $200 for up to 4 hours of use and $125 for each additional 4 hours of use.
Event Rate B
Recognized student organizations and University departments may schedule and use space at the Event Rate B if ALL of the following criteria are met:
- The University department or recognized student organization is co-sponsoring with an entity outside the University OR hosting an event where revenue is generated or fees are involved AND does not meet the criteria of Event Rate A.
- The University department/recognized student organization and the external organization work to ensure the University department and UM-Flint receive proper endorsement.
- Events cannot be booked on an on-going basis.
- If the non-University group pays the rental fees (to EBS) in full 30 days prior to the event, then the chartfield will NOT be used. If a payment problem occurs with the outside group, the department chartfield will be used.
- A designee from both the University department/recognized student organization and the non-University group must attend the pre-event planning meeting(s).
- A designee from both the University department/recognized student organization and the non-University group must remain in attendance at the event until the end.
- Catering must be provided by University Catering Services.
Event Rate C
All events that do not meet the criteria for Event Rate A or Event Rate B, will fall under Event Rate C. These rates are not included in this booklet. Contact EBS for these rates or visit www.umflint.edu/ebs.
EVENT RATE B
A 10% discount applies to room rentals for multiple day usage and/or multiple room usage. Additional fees may apply for events beyond regular business hours.
|University Center||up to 4 hours||each additional 4 hours||Capacity *|
|Michigan Rooms (A-D) #171||$130||$70||300|
|Michigan Rooms (3 sections)||$115||$65||200|
|Michigan Rooms (2 sections)||$100||$60||100|
|Michigan Rooms (1 section)||$75||$45||48|
|Clint's Main Stage||$75||$45||50|
|Superior Room #266||$25||$15||10|
|William S. White Building||up to 4 hours||each additional 4 hours||Capacity *|
|Tuscola A #1201||$45||$25||32|
|Tuscola B #1104||$45||$25||32|
|C.S. Mott Foundation Room #1159||$45||$25||16|
|Oakland Room #4152A||$25||$15||14|
|Huron Room #4152B||$25||$15||14|
|Northbank Center||up to 4 hours||each additional 4 hours||Capacity *|
|Grand Ballroom #101||$350||$175||
|Park Place #102||$100||$60||80|
|Carriage Room #327||$75||$45||40|
|University Pavilion||up to 4 hours||each additional 4 hours||Capacity *|
|Saginaw Room #139||$75||$45||40|
|Stage Area (only)||$45||$25||30|
|Shiawassee Room #275||$25||$15||14|
|Lapeer Room #254||$25||$15||10|
|Other Rentals||up to 4 hours||each additional 4 hours|
|McKinnon Plaza *||$70||$45|
|North Lawn *||$70||$45|
|Willson Park *||$70||$45|
|Parking Lot/Parking Ramp *||$70||$45|
|Multiple Day use of lots/ramps||$100/day|
* Capacities will change depending upon seating style and equipment used.
The Pavilion Parking ramp requires an additional $32/hour charge and a two-week advance notice for security. NBC Ramp is not available for rental. Additional charges for security may apply for other parking lots/ramps.
*Does not include any setup or equipment