Environment, Health and Safety is pleased to offer on-line EHS training, Safety Skills, to UM-Flint employees. We will continue to offer classroom training, and in some cases, a combination of on-line with class room training due to the need for hands on component. This on-line training will enhance provide convenience and variety in meeting UM-Flint's employee health and safety training regulatory compliance.
EHS TRAINING ASSIGNMENTS & RECORDS
EHS and/or your supervisor will be able to assign EHS on-line training courses for you to take. At this time, we are assigning a limited number of courses with additional training courses to be available in the near future. If there is a topic that you are particularly interested in, please contact your supervisor or EHS and that course can easily be assigned. Supervisors and those who have Administrative access to Safety Skills Learning Management System (LMS) will receive a separate e-mail with basic instructions on how to use the LMS in order to view records and run reports on their employees & groups. If needed, EHS can schedule a workshop with your group to answer questions on how to use the LMS upon request.
ABOUT THE ON-LINE TRAINING
Most of the on-line training classes can be completed within 30-45 minutes. The duration of each course will appear on your assignment listing. If you are not able to complete the entire training course at one sitting, it will give you an option to start where you left off or start over from the beginning. The modules will present information on the topic, and then ask review questions on that segment. If a question is not answered correctly, the courses typically review the information pertaining to the missed question before moving to the next topic. Once you have completed each training module you are able to print your own certificate for your records and the system will keep track of all the training courses that you have completed. Your supervisor will be able to view records as well as generate lists and reports to see which employees in their work group that have completed their EHS training courses. EHS will have access to do the same for all groups taking EHS training. You will receive reminder e-mails that you have a training course to take and a reminder e-mail closer to the due date.
To log in, follow directions below. Your Sign In or User name is your UM-Flint unique name and your UM-Flint password. Consult with your supervisor when it is an appropriate time during your work day to take your EHS training.
A big THANK YOU to those individuals from the Facilities Safety Committee, UM-Flint ITS, and UM-Flint Lab Supervisors who took the time to review several online training programs during the selection process. Below are directions on using the Noodlestream Safety Skills training, please contact EHS by phone 810-766-6763 or e-mail email@example.com if you are experiencing any problems.
- Internet Explorer is the recommended browser to access and use the Safety Skills on-line training.
- Log In at umflint.inclassnow.com or on link found at EHS on-line training web page: http://www.umflint.edu/ehs/ehs-line-training-safety-skills-noodlestream
- Type in your unique name in the box that appears just above the words “Sign In”. Another box will appear below for you to type in your UM-Flint password.
- If you are not able to log in, please contact EHS 810-766-6763.
- For most learners, the My Training screen appears. The My Training page will show a list of your Assigned Courses and below that a list of your Completed Courses.
- For supervisors who have administrator access, there are a set of navigation tabs that appear just below the UM-Flint EHS logo. Click on My Training tab.
- NOTE: To the right of the lists are some course specific documents that are important. These include UM-Flint policies and guidelines, forms and other documents to review and be familiar with before you take the assigned on-line courses.
TAKING A TRAINING COURSE
- Speakers or headphones are required to hear the narration during the training
- To take an assigned course, CLICK on the text Take Training to the left of the title.
- The Safety Skills Training Course window is now open. There is a brief “Welcome” introduction on how to navigate through the training. If you have already viewed this introduction, you are able to skip it by clicking on the right arrow.
- The control arrows at the bottom of the Safety Skills Training Course window are:
- Left Arrow – BACK to previous screen
- Middle Circular Arrow – REPLAY current screen
- Right Arrow – ADVANCE to next screen
- There is a Closed Caption (bottom left) option and an Audio On/Off (bottom right) option while viewing the training course.
- There are quiz questions during the training course which cover course material from a previous screen & competency questions which cover a broader scope of the course material.
- Some quiz questions require the learner to click on a button to answer and some quiz questions require the learner to left click on the mouse button & drag an object or text to the correct location.
- When a question is answered incorrectly, the screen or section pertaining to that question will be replayed.
- When the course is completed, close the Safety Skills Training Course window by clicking on the X in the top right hand corner of the Safety Skills Training Course frame. Once it is closed and your My Training screen will be visible again.
- The course just completed will now appear in your completed courses list.
PRINTING A CERTIFICATE
1) CLICK on Print your Certificate for the specific training course and give certificate to your supervisor for their departmental records, and print one for your own records. The Safety Skills learning management system will keep records of your completed courses for EHS and your supervisor. Certificates for course completion can be printed at any time in the future.
YOUR OPINION COUNTS
Please provide us valuable feedback using this quick on-line evaluation form: https://formassembly.umflint.edu/2195