The UM-Flint Chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, Alpha Theta Gamma, follows the national organization mission and strives to:
- Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies;
- Provide cultural stimulation and promote interest in literature and the English language in our surrouding community;
- Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing;
- Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members;
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence; and
- Serve society by fostering literacy.
Thoughout the year our group has an active presence on campus through collaborative events, volunteer work, regular meetings, and our annual Critical and Creative Writing Conference.