Programming for the academic year is the main component of the CEO program. Summer programming is also available and encouraged for students who participate during the academic year.
Academic Year Programming
- Scholar Workshops/Meetings
- College Tours
- Academic Monitoring
- SAT Test Preparation
- Diverse Cultural Exposure
- Identity Development
- Career Exploration
- Writing Enhancement
- SAT Preparation
- Mock university experience with University faculty members
- College Applications
- Financial Aid Overview
- Scholarship Applications
- First-Year Success Techniques
- Parents are required to attend Parent meetings throughout the academic year to stay engaged with CEO programming. Parent meetings are scheduled on Mondays from 5:30pm - 7:30pm. Please view the "Current Students" tab to see more details regarding parent meeting schedule.
CEO hosts an annual residential summer program for its rising Sophomore, Junior and Senior students. Students have the opportunity to live on-campus in one of the UM-Flint residence halls for 5-weeks. Over the course of 5-weeks, all students are engaged in academic enrichment and exposure as they participate in a Math, Science, and English course that is taught by a licensed teacher and geared to prepare them for the coursework they will be taking in the fall.
- 5-week Summer Residential Program
- Academic Enrichment and Early College Exposure
- Job Shadowing
- Weekly Cultural Excursions
- SAT Prep
- Mentorship with college student resident advisors
Students eligible for the CEO program must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- First Generation College Student (one or both biological parent(s) did not graduate from college)
- Low Income
- Underrepresented Minority (African American, Native American, Hispanic/Latino, Filipino, Pacific Islander)
- Attends a school district with low college-going rates
I'm eligible! What should I expect after joining CEO?
Scholars are expected to actively participate in all CEO programs. Active participation consists of the following:
- Attending 80% of scheduled CEO meetings
- Participate and complete 80% of CEO academic enrichment assignments
- Particiapte in at least one residential summer program
- Complete at least 40 service learning hours (10 each academic year)
Scholar meetings are bi-weekly on Mondays from 5:30 – 7:30pm at UM-Flint (Oct. – Dec. and Jan. – April).