Emerging Leaders Institute
Emerging Leaders Institute exists to develop students to become leaders for the 21st century and serve as role models for their peers on campus and in the community. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with experts and practitioners from business, engineering, technology, education, health, human services, and government on campus and in the community. Involvement in service-learning projects and an appreciation of diversity will also be emphasized.
The Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) mission is three-fold concept which:
(1)To foster the growth of leadership skills, values and knowledge among UM-Flint students.
(2) To achieve academic, professional and personal success amongst students.
(3) To develop within students a sense of civic responsibility in the workforce and in the community.
1.Develop ELI students to become leaders for the 21st century.
2. Serve as student envoys on behalf of the University of Michigan-Flint.
3. Developing skills in team building, communication, self-empowerment, good attitude & networking
4. Make a difference by giving back to the campus and in the community.
5. Enhance marketability upon graduation from UM-Flint.