Here are a few additional resources you might find helpful. Links to web sites outside the University of Michigan – Flint do not constitute an endorsement by the University of Michigan – Flint or the Office of Financial Aid of the sites' sponsors or of the products presented on the sites.
Federal Financial Aid and Related Information
U.S. Department of Education News and resources for education, including the full text of many Department of Education publications. The source of federal student financial aid sites.
- Federal Student Aid Debt Resolution Center Information concerning what you should do if your student loan is in default.
- Federal School Code Search Form The form at this site may be used to find a school's federal school code. Federal school codes are used to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) FAFSA on the Web - fill out a new or renewal FAFSA and make corrections here.
- Funding Your Education: The Guide to Federal Student Aid Resource on grants, loans, and work-study. It reviews the programs and how to apply for them.
- PIN Site The central on-line resource for obtaining and making use of the Personal Identification Number (PIN). The PIN provides access to your personal information in various US Department of Education systems.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness was created by Congress in 2007. The Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program to encourage individuals to enter and continue to work full-time in public service jobs. Under this program, borrowers may qualify for forgiveness of the remaining balance due on their eligible federal student loans after they have made 120 payments on those loans under certain repayment plans while employed full time by certain public service employers.
- Student Loan Borrower Assistance Project is a resource for borrowers, their families, and advocates representing student loan borrowers. This site is for people who already have student loans and want to know more about their options and rights.
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness Application and Forbearance Forms
US Citizenship and Immigration Services Information on the general naturalization process.
US Selective Service System Students who are required to register with the Selective Services may register on-line at this site.
Michigan Financial Aid Information
Michigan Education Trust (MET) Detailed information concerning eligibility and application procedures for this prepaid tuition alternative.
State of Michigan Student Financial Aid Comprehensive information about state financial aid programs, including the "MI-Search" Scholarship Search Program and Michigan Competitive Scholarship.
Study Abroad Resources
Financial Aid for Study Abroad: An Undergraduate Student’s Resource - covers topics such as how much does it cost to study abroad and how to fund your study abroad experience.
U.S. Study Abroad Scholarships and Grants List - A variety of organizations and institutions provide scholarships and grants for study abroad from the United States.
Comprehensive Financial Aid Information
Federal Student Aid This site provides free information from the US Department of Education on preparing for and funding education beyond high school.
Access Group Information on federal and private loans for graduate and professional education. Download the Access Advisor, a free interactive graduate/professional student financial planner.
Educational Testing Services Links to financial aid resources on-line for undergraduate, graduate, and minority students, and financial aid publications. Advice on recognizing scholarship scams and reporting them.
The Princeton Review Information about financial aid for law school, business school, medical school, graduate school and undergraduate education.
MappingYourFuture.org - 12-Step Guide to Financial Success (pdf)
Scholarship Guides, Sources and Search Services
AmeriCorps A national service program that provides the opportunity to earn money to help pay for post-secondary education in exchange for a year of community service.
The Art Deadlines List Updated monthly with information about juried exhibitions and competitions, call or entries/proposals/papers, poetry and other writing contests, jobs, internships scholarships, residencies, fellowships, casting calls, tryouts, grants, festivals, funding, financial aid, and other opportunities for artists, art educators, and non-art students.
Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf Awards scholarships to pre-lingual deaf or hard-of-hearing students who use speech and speech-reading to communicate, and who are attending or have been admitted to a college or university program that primarily enrolls students with normal hearing.
FASTWEB - Lets you create a custom profile in order to match up scholarship opportunities.
Scholarships, Fellowships, and Post-doctoral Awards for Minorities Sources of financial aid for African American, Hispanics, Native Alaskans (Eskimos or Aleuts), Native Americans, and Native Pacific Islanders (Polynesians or Micronesians).
Scholarships, Fellowships, and Postdoctoral Awards Sources of financial aid for undergraduate and graduate levels.
The Simple Dollar Scholarship guide A guide to the process of finding and applying for scholarships.
Student Budgeting Basics
All About Personal Budgets Make the most of getting motivated, starting, and sticking with a budget.
CollegeBoard Understand all of your options when it comes to paying for college. Get the latest information about college costs, scholarships, financial aid applications, education loans, and college financing.
Nellie Mae On-line debt management tools (calculators, worksheets, and budgets), pre-college planning information, and a glossary of financial aid and loan terms.
The Dollar Stretcher`Living Better...for Less'