- Don't Turn Community Colleges into Four Year Schools
- Lansing State Journal editorial takes a strong stand in support of higher education funding.
- Chancellor Ruth Person's Senate testimony April 20, 2009
- Listen to the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education from April 20, 2009 hearing held on the campus of the University of Michigan-Flint
- Chancellor Ruth Person’s testimony to the House Appropriation Subcommittee on Higher Education – March 9, 2009
- Interim Chancellor Jack Kay's testimony to the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education - April 18, 2008 at Oakland University
- Interim Chancellor Jack Kay's testimony to the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education - March 3, 2008 at UM Dearborn
- Interim Chancellor Jack Kay's Article: Investing in Higher Education Pathway to Turning Michigan's Economy Around