Winter 2014 Orientation
We will be giving away an iPad Mini at orientation!
Must be a newly admitted student for the winter 2014 semester to enter drawing. Must be present to win.
Thursday, January 2, 2014 | 4:00 p.m.
The Office of Graduate Programs is hosting an orientation for newly admitted graduate students on Thursday, January, 2. The orientation will be from 4:00-7:00 p.m. in the Michigan Rooms of the University Center.
The event will include remarks from university officials followed by presentations that will orient new students to various campus services:
- Learn how to use the Student Information System (SIS)
- Become familiar with the campus online community, Blackboard
- Obtain your UM-Flint parking permit
- Buy books in the University of Michigan-Flint Bookstore
- Receive your student identification card, the M-Card
- Speak with a financial aid representative
Schedule of Events:
4 - 4:30 p.m. | Student Information System (SIS) introduction - optional
4:30 - 5 p.m. | Blackboard system introduction - optional
5 - 5:30 p.m. | Opening Remarks and presentations about campus services
5:30 - 7 p.m. | Program orientation and advising
We welcome all new graduate students to attend the first parts of the general orientation from 4:00 - 5:30. At 5:30, faculty and staff advisors from the following graduate programs will be available to talk to you about your program and answer any questions that you may have:
- Anesthesia Practice (DrAP)
- Arts Administration (MA)
- Biology (MS)
- Chemistry/Biochemistry (MS)
- Computer Science and Information Systems (MS)
- Early Childhood Education (MA)
- Educational Technology (MA)
- English Language and Literature (MA)
- Health Education (MS)
- Liberal Studies (MA)
- Literacy Education (MA)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Public Health (MPH)
- Social Sciences (MA)
- Special Education (MA)
If your program of study is not listed, it is because your program is having a separate program orientation or is advising its students individually. Please contact your advisor or the program director for further information.
If you plan to attend the Graduate Student Orientation, we ask that you RSVP to the Office of Graduate Programs by logging in to SIS at http://sis.umflint.edu and visiting the New Student Menu, or by contacting us at email@example.com or (810) 762-3171.
Simply by attending you will receive a free gift and will be entered into the drawing to win the iPad! Please note you must be present to win.
If you are unable to attend the orientation, we encourage you to contact your advisor to select courses and discuss your program.