Winter 2017 Orientation
We will be giving away an iPad Mini at orientation!
Must be a newly admitted student for the winter 2017 semester to enter drawing. Must be present to win.
Tuesday, January 3, 2017 | 5:00 p.m.
The Office of Graduate Programs is hosting an orientation for newly admitted graduate students on Tuesday, January 3. The orientation will be from approximately 5:00-7:30 p.m. in the Michigan Rooms of the University Center. (Note: International students have an international orientation that will begin on Tuesday, January 3 at 8:00 AM in the Happenings Room. Students are required to attend this orientation.)
The event will include remarks from university officials followed by presentations that will orient new students to various campus services:
- Obtain your UM-Flint parking permit
- Buy books in the University of Michigan-Flint Bookstore
- Receive your student identification card, the M-Card
- Speak with a financial aid representative
- Register for courses
- Hear from departments on-campus such as Public Safety and Frances Willson Thompson Library.
We welcome all new graduate students to attend the first parts of the general orientation from 5:00 - 6:00. At 6:00, faculty and staff advisors from the following graduate programs will be available to talk to you about your program and answer any questions that you may have:
- Arts Administration (MA)
- Biology (MS)
- Computer Science and Information Systems (MS)
- Early Childhood Education (MA)
- Educational Technology (MA)
- English Language and Literature (MA)
- Health Education (MS)
- Liberal Studies (MA)
- Literacy Education (MA)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Public Health (MPH)
- Social Sciences (MA)
If you plan to attend the Graduate Student Orientation, we ask that you RSVP to the Office of Graduate Programs by logging in to SIS at http://sis.umflint.edu and visiting the New Student Menu, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (810) 762-3171.
Simply by attending you will receive a free gift and will be entered into the drawing to win the iPad! Please note you must be present to win.
If you are unable to attend the orientation, we encourage you to contact your advisor to select courses and discuss your program.