What Sets UM-Flint's Chemistry & Biochemistry (MS) Program Apart?
- The Bachelor of Science/Master of Science (BS/MS) in Chemistry or Biochemistry has been designed to provide students with the education and research experience needed to be fully prepared for a successful career in the chemical sciences.
- The programs are primarily intended as a joint degree, allowing students to complete both a BS and MS in Chemistry or Biochemistry in only five years, assuming full-time enrollment (151 credit hours).
- Students who’ve already earned an applicable bachelor’s degree may choose to pursue the Master of Science degree only (27-31 credit hours). Note: The department is not currently accepting applications from people with a bachelor's degree already earned; only students who are currently UM-Flint undergraduates in the department will be considered for admission to the BS/MS program.
- UM-Flint offers graduate students access to its fully-equipped laboratories, featuring the latest in research and analysis technology.
- As part of the world-renowned University of Michigan system, UM-Flint can tap into resources, expertise, and contacts in Dearborn and Ann Arbor.
- This challenging program requires you to perform research and to defend a thesis. It provides you with the ideal background to ensure you have the necessary experience to step into entry-level industrial or governmental positions, which now routinely require an MS degree combined with independent research experience.
- As a student in the BS/MS program, you will complete all of the requirements for the approved American Chemical Society (ACS) certified Bachelor of Science degree in either Chemistry or Biochemistry.