To be considered for admission, submit the following to the Office of Graduate Programs, 251 Thompson Library:
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $55 application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Statement of Purpose describing your goals for entering the graduate program and how these goals connect to your views on teaching and learning
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably with at least one from an academic reference and one from an individual familiar with your teaching or professional work
- A copy of your teaching certificate
- International students must submit additional documentation. Visit the International Students page for details.
The program has rolling admissions and reviews completed applications each month.
Application deadlines are as follows:
- Fall (early deadline*) – May 1
- Fall (final deadline) – August 1
- Winter – November 15
- Spring – March 15
- Summer – May 15
* You must apply by the early deadline to be eligible for scholarships, grants, and research assistantships.
International students are required to apply earlier than the deadlines posted here. The final deadlines for international students are May 1 for the fall semester, September 1 for the winter semester, and January 1 for the spring term.