To be considered for admission, submit the following to the Office of Graduate Programs, 251 Thompson Library:
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $55 application fee (non-refundable): Orthopedic Residency applicants must submit the fee through this website; all others submit through the online Application for Graduate Admission
- Supplemental Application form
- Official transcripts from the institution where your baccalaureate degree was earned and from the institution where your Physical Therapy degree was earned (if different from the college of your baccalaureate degree) [Note: Orthopedics Residency applicants submit these directly to RF-PTCAS; all other applicants submit them to UM-Flint.]
- Two letters of recommendation: We strongly suggest that you include individuals who are able to comment on your academic and clinical abilities, such as a former supervisor or instructor from an accredited physical therapy program and/or another healthcare professional you have worked with in the past. (Note: Orthopedics Residency applicants submit these directly through RF-PTCAS; all other applicants submit them to UM-Flint.)
- Statement of Purpose: Attach or submit separately a career statement. It should be typed and double-spaced. Please use the following questions, as they relate to your clinical/academic circumstances, to assist in the preparation of your career statement:
- What are the current diagnoses you examine?
- What are your professional goals or objectives related to advanced practice?
- How do you plan to accomplish these goals?
- How will the Certificate/Residency program at UM-Flint facilitate the accomplishment of your professional goals in advanced practice?
- How will you contribute to the physical therapy profession related to your area of advanced practice?
- Copy of current Physical Therapy license issued in the United States or Canada
- Copy of current CPR card
- International students must submit additional documentation. Visit the International Students page for details.
An interview (by telephone or in person) with a Physical Therapy faculty member will be scheduled after review of your application materials.
To be considered for admission, submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Programs on or before the application deadline: