To be considered for admission, please submit the items listed for your program of choice to the Office of Graduate Programs, 251 Thompson Library.
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $55 application fee (non-refundable)
- Supplemental Application form
- Official transcripts from the institution where your Physical Therapy degree was earned
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Two letters of recommendation: We strongly suggest that you include individuals who are able to comment on your academic and clinical abilities, such as a former supervisor or instructor from an accredited physical therapy program and/or another healthcare professional you have worked with in the past.
- Statement of Purpose: Attach or submit separately a career statement. It should be typed and double-spaced. Please use the following questions, as they relate to your clinical/academic circumstances, to assist in the preparation of your career statement:
- What are the current diagnoses you examine?
- What are your professional goals or objectives related to advanced practice?
- How do you plan to accomplish these goals?
- How will the Certificate program at UM-Flint facilitate the accomplishment of your professional goals in advanced practice?
- How will you contribute to the physical therapy profession related to your area of advanced practice?
- Copy of current Physical Therapy license issued in the United States or Canada
- Copy of current CPR card
- International students must submit additional documentation. Visit the International Students page for details.
An interview (by telephone or in person) with a Physical Therapy faculty member will be scheduled after review of your application materials.
Application Deadline: May 1