- Nickname: Tri-Sigma
- Colors: Royal Purple and White
- Flower: Purple Violet
- Motto: “Faithful Unto Death, Ever Forward”
- Symbol: Sailboat
- Chapter Name: Theta Beta
- Values: Sigma Sigma Sigma reaffirms its long standing core values of wisdom, power, faith, hope and love.
- Purpose: Sigma Sigma Sigma inspires exceptional lifelong learning and friendships.
- Mission: To establish among its members a perpetual bond of friendship, to develop in them strong womanly character, and to impress upon them high standards of conduct.
- Vision: Sigma Sigma Sigma will provide exceptional experiences that will empower women to change the world.
- History: The Eight Ladies that Started it all: Margaret Lee Batten, Louise Marie Davis, Martha Trent Featherston, Isabella Merrick, Sallie Jackson Michie, Lelia Scott, Elizabeth Watkins and Lucy Wright.
From our earliest days, we seek out others to accompany us on our journey. There will be many acquaintances as we travel along our path. Among them will be found some with whom we feel a special bond…a rapport to be welcomed and nurtured. There may be one or two…there may be a hundred.
Is it any wonder then, that eight young women, away from home and family, found each other and began their journey in friendship? They stepped out on a path from Farmville, Virginia in 1898, sharing a special bond as friends who regarded each other as sisters. They reached out to others who joined them on the journey.
Together, they established a sisterhood called Sigma Sigma Sigma. We find friends within the bounds of Tri Sigma. We regard these friends as sisters. We enter into a state of being Sisters. We are a Sisterhood.
- National Founding Date: April 20th, 1898
- Local Founding Date: November 20th, 2010
- Examples of programs host or Philanthropy:
- Sigma Sigma Sigma Foundation - Robbie Page Memorial
- Sigma Bake Sale
The Sigma Sigma Sigma Foundation was established in 1992, a merger between the Robbie Page Memorial Fund and the Sigma Sigma Sigma Educational Foundation of Tri Sigma.
- LACADA Women’s Shelter in Lapeer, MI – Local
- Leukemia Foundation – Local
Along with fundraisers and community services/philanthropies, we strive to create a strong bond of sisterhood. The relationship of a sister is deeper than that of a friend and that is what we want every woman to feel when they join Tri-Sigma.