Health Professions Club
The Health Professions Club is an in class activity that exposes students in grades 7-12 to health careers and provides them hands-on activities to explore the various roles performed by health care professionals.
The Health Professions Club will be held at Flint Northwestern High School and Southwestern Classical Academy. The students will receive information from health care professionals such as:
- Registered Nurse
- Breast Cancer Navigator
- Medical Billing Manager
- Health and Safety Coordinator
- NICU Nurse Clinician
- Nutrition Program Coordinator
- Fitness Instructor
- Registered Dietitican
- LPN, Clinical Educator
This program is offered in the fall and winter of the academic year.
Sessions are currently held at Flint Northwestern High School and Southwestern Classical Academy.
- Participants will have the opportunity to be exposed to higher educational environments.
- Participants will meet health professionals and role models.
- Participants will have the opportunity to go on educational field trips.