Health Professions Club
The Health Professions Club is a 12 week in class activity that exposes students in grades 7-12 to health careers and provides them hands-on activities to explore the various roles performed by health care professionals.
The Health Professions Club will be held at Flint Northwestern High School and Southwestern Classical Academy. The students will be exposed to these health care professionals listed below:
- Registered Nurse
- Injury Prevention Specialist (ThinkFirst)
- Physical Therapist
- Fitness Instructor
- Radiation Therapist
- Registered Dietitican
- Injury Prevention Specialist (Distracted Driving)
- Trauma Registrar
- Healthcare Administrator
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Obstetrician & Gynecologist (Ob-Gyn)
- Health Navigator
This program is offered 6 weeks in the fall and 6 weeks in the winter.
Sessions are currently held at Flint Northwestern High School and Southwestern Classical Academy.
- Participants will have the opportunity to be exposed to higher educational environments.
- Participants will meet health professionals and role models.
- Participants will have the opportunity to go on educational field trips.