Health Professions Club
The Health Professions Club is a 12 week after school club that exposes students in grades 7-8 to health careers and provides them hands-on activities to explore the various roles performed by health care professionals.
The first 6 weeks of the Health Professions Club is held at Flint Northwestern High School. The students will be exposed to these health care professionals listed below:
- Registered Nurse
- Injury Prevention Specialist (ThinkFirst)
- Physical Therapist
- Fitness Instructor
- Radiation Therapist
- Registered Dietitican
- Injury Prevention Specialist (Distracted Driving)
- Trauma Registrar
- Healthcare Administrator
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Obstetrician & Gynecologist (Ob-Gyn)
- Health Navigator
This program is offered 6 weeks in the fall and 6 weeks in the winter.
Sessions are currently held at Flint Northwestern High School
- Participants will have the opportunity to be exposed to higher educational environments.
- Participants will meet health professionals and role models.
- Participants will have the opportunity to go on educational field trips.
- Participants must be 7th- 8th graders.
- Must be a student attending a Flint Northwestern High School.