Saturday Morning Academy
The Health Careers Opportunity Program is offering 2, 10 week programs called Saturday Morning Academy that are designed to prepare 9-12th grade students for the ACT exam and enhance their ability to successfully compete for admission into health professions degree programs.
This year, we have re-designed the program in order to continue to meet students' needs! Saturday Morning Academy will be implemented in two sessions:
SESSION ONE (for 11-12th Graders ONLY)
Saturdays, October 4- December 13 (No Class, November 28, for Thanksgiving)
SESSION TWO (for 9-10th Graders ONLY)
Saturdays, January 10- March 14
Click HERE for Application!
SMA will include math, science, english, and reading classes along with an Academic and College Prep class which will house workshops related to test anxiety, financial aid, college admissions, and tutoring sessions.
- increase students' ACT scores
- increase students' preparation for college
- introduce students to a variety of health career opportunities
Students will receive a stipend for participation and attendance in the program of up to $400.
- Applicants must attend a Flint Community School, Flint Public Charter School, Genesee Early College, or Mott Middle College.
- Must be in 9-12th grade
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5