Saturday Morning Academy
The Health Careers Opportunity Program is offering a Saturday Morning Academy (SMA) which exposes students to the redesigned SAT exam with academic and strategic instruction, practice testing, and college test-taking strategies. Students will receive information on scholarships, financial aid, and college admissions.
SMA will include math, english, and reading classes along with an Academic and College Prep class which will house workshops related to test anxiety, financial aid, college admissions, and tutoring sessions.
- increase students' SAT scores
- increase students' preparation for college
- introduce students to a variety of health career opportunities
- Applicants must attend a Flint Community School, Flint Public Charter School, Genesee Early College, or Mott Middle College.
- Must be in 9-12th grade
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5