Junior Summer Science and Math Camp (JSSMC)
HCOP is a cohort program; those students who attended the summer programs in the summer of 2012 may be eligible to transition into summer programs 2013. We have 11 spots for 6th graders, 2 spots for 7th graders and 3 spots for 8th graders. Students must meet the minimum criteria. Please click on the link below to apply for these remaining positions.
What is JSSMC?
The JSSMC is a 6 week summer program that is designed to enhance middle school students' comprehension of basic science and math skills, as well as increase their awareness of health professions.
This camp will focus primarily on academic enrichment through the use of interactive and experimental learning techniques that allow students to explore science and math at a pace compatible with their abilities.
July 15th - Aug 23, 2013
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
University of Michigan-Flint Campus
- Students will be exposed to a variety of careers in health care through guest speakers.
- Students will go on field trips.
- Getting equipped for future enrollment in health professions schools
- Students may receive a stipend of up to $600.00 for their participation in the program.
- Current 6th, 7th, or 8th grade student enrolled in a Flint area school
- Students must be a potential first generation college graduate
- Student must have a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5