Junior Summer Science and Math Camp (JSSMC)
We are not accepting any more applications for Summer 2015 for this program. All available slots have been filled. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
What is JSSMC?
The JSSMC is a 6 week summer program that is designed to enhance middle school students' comprehension of basic science and math skills, as well as increase their awareness of health professions.
This camp will focus primarily on academic enrichment through the use of interactive and experimental learning techniques that allow students to explore science and math at a pace compatible with their abilities.
Mid-July through Mid-August
University of Michigan-Flint Campus
- Students will be exposed to a variety of careers in health care through guest speakers.
- Students will go on field trips.
- Getting equipped for future enrollment in health professions schools
- Students may receive a stipend of up to $600.00 for their participation in the program.
- Current 7th, 8th, or 9th grade student enrolled in a Flint area school
- Students must be a potential first generation college graduate
- Student must have a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5