Lab Locations On Campus
- 206 Murchie Science Building (Helpdesk Technicians Available During Lab Hours)
- 205 French Hall (This lab is not staffed, Mcard is required for access)
- 3174 William S. White Building (Helpdesk Technicians Available During Lab Hours)
- 2nd Floor Riverfront (This lab is not staffed but is open 24 hours, Mcard is required for access)
- All 3 floors of the Frances Willson Thompson Library (Computers are available any time the library is open.)
Lab Rules of Conduct
- Helpdesk consultants are available to assist with basic computer problems.
- Absolutely NO CELL PHONE Conversations in the Computer Labs
- NO Food & Drinks are allowed in the Computer Labs
(Anyone with food and/or drinks will be asked to dispose of them.)
- Keep your passwords to yourself
(Change your password right away if you think someone else may know it.)
- Do not save your work to the hard drive (This includes the desktop) - use your H: drive (or other storage device)
(Unauthorized file and programs may possibly be removed on logout.)
- Collaborative work and quiet conversations are allowed
(Please be considerate. Refrain from loud talking, laughter, or music.)
- All children must be accompanied by a parent and are prohibited from using any University computer equipment.
- During high demand for lab machines, there will be no personal or recreational uses of equipment
(This ensures that students have an opportunity to access the computers for course work.)
- Helpdesk Consultants are NOT allowed to tutor, assignment related questions should be directed to your Instructor
ITS Computer lab patrons are required to comply with the University’s Proper Use Policy along with the Lab Rules of Conduct. Helpdesk consultants have responsibility for enforcing these rules, and will notify lab users if they are in violation. Failure to comply with these rules may result in removal from the labs, loss of computing privileges, disciplinary review, or other disciplinary action.
**Please notify the Helpdesk Consultants if you feel that any of these rules are being violated.**
Printing in the Lab
Endorsed by the Technology Committee effective Fall 1998, updated Fall 2012.
ITS provides laser printing services at all open computing labs and instructional labs for use in support of academic work. This service includes providing operational printers and adequate printing supplies. The following guidelines will be followed in administering the student printing process.
- General Information
- All registered students with a uniqname automatically receive 400 Black and White prints in their Papercut Account to print during Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer semesters. Any portion of these credits remaining at the end of a term will roll over to the next semester and will be eliminated at the end of the following Summer term. The budget used to cover this expense will be derived from the maintenance portion of the Technology Fee dollars provided to ITS.
- Adding Credits:
- Registered students requiring more than 400 print credits/semester can obtain more credits in their Papercut Account by logging into Student Information Services (SIS).
- SPECIAL NOTE: Between semesters you may encounter a day that this option is not available while we load credits for the next term. If you have questions about this please contact the ITS Helpdesk.
- To Add Credits: In SIS, click on the Personal Information tab, then click on the My Campus Computer Account link, and then select the link Add Papercut Pages. Printing funds that you add will be available to use immediately.
- When you request for additional pages to be added to your Papercut account, a charge will be made to your university student account. You can pay this bill at the Cashier’s office or pay online with a credit card.
- Alumni, Non-Registered Students, Faculty, Staff, GEC students, or anyone between semesters needing to add credits to their printing account can do this with a credit card at http://www.umflint.edu/its/store or cash in 905 NBC.
- Please note that these options are only available Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm.
- Surplus Credits:
- Any portion of the initial 400 credits remaining at the end of a term will roll over to the next semester and will be eliminated at the end of the following Summer term.
- Refunds will not be made for leftover amounts from the initial 400 credits allowances at the end of the Summer term following their addition.
- At the end of the current semester, if you added more credits through SIS than you used, you will be refunded for all amounts over $2.00.
- For example: if you add $10 to your account, but only use $5, then a $5 credit will be made to your student account.
- Any refund is made to your university student account and not your Papercut account.
- At the end of the current semester, if you added additional funds using your credit card or cash these credits will roll over into the next term. Roll-over credits will only continue to roll over till your account is no longer active or 2 years, whichever comes first.
The following information only applies when adding funds through SIS beyond the initial 400 credits.
Any fees charged to students for printing shall not exceed the cost per page of providing the hardware and supplies.
- Black/white printing is $0.05 per page*.
- Color printing is $0.30 per page*.
* NOTE: If printing a double-sided page, each printed side will be charged accordingly.