UM-Flint Email on Phones – General Configuration Information
This quicknote will include all of the information that you will need to connect your phone to your university email account.
This quicknote will not provide exact steps for configuring your phone because of the vast majority of phones that are available in today’s market.
Please contact your phone service provider if you have questions about your phone supporting the settings provided below.
Email Configuration Settings
- Account Type – Depending on the model of your phone it will be one of the following options
- Active Sync
- Mail Option (If you use your phones basic mail function please be sure to check with your phone service provider about whether your phone supports Exchange Mail connections)
- or FLINT-NT
- or Uniqname only on iPhones/iPod Touch’s
- Your LAN password
- SSL Connection is required for Email
- Supported Protocols
- IMAP – Information for this option is available here: http://www.umflint.edu/helpdesk/perm/email/imapsmtp-settings-for-email-at-um-flint/
- We do not support POP3