What is an Online Class?
Simply stated an online class is a class that is taught on the internet . The UM-Flint online programs offers a variety of courses traditionally offered on campus via the internet. Online courses are taught by our distinguished faculty and enjoy the same credits and recognitions as their on-campus counterparts. They provide the convenience of bringing the University of Michigan-Flint’s quality education into your home or office. Why take an Online Class? The reasons for taking an online class is convenience!
- No Scheduled meeting times!
- Course materials are available over the internet 24-hours a day 7-days a week!
What Do I need?
To take full advantage of an online courses, you must be proficient in the use of a computer, and able to do the following:
- You will need to have or have access to a computer and Internet access to take online courses . This can be at home,work,or school
- Instructors will contact you using your student email account
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: LAN Password
- You also should proficient in using a computer for word processing, such as Microsoft Word as well as being comfortable with ”surfing” the Internet.
- Since courses do not have schedule meeting times, you are required to log in at any specific time during the day; however, you can expect “due dates” for class activities. In most cases , campus visits will not be necessary. However, some faculty may require one or two campus visits.
- Online courses require extensive reading and may include assignments, virtual classroom discussions, term papers, and final exams. Online class content will vary from course to course.
How to Log Into an Online Class?
To access your online blackboard course, go to http://bb.umflint.edu and login using your uniqname as the username and you LAN password.
For assistance with Blackboard please contact Online Learning in 240 FH at email@example.com or 810-237-6691