Creating and Modifying Your My Banner Menu
Before You Begin:
- Open Internet-Native Banner by going to https://banner.umflint.edu
- Login to INB using your Uniqname and Banner password.
If you do not have a banner password please refer to the quicknote “What is Banner?” which can be found in the Banner Category of the Helpdesk page.
How to Add Objects to Your Personal Menu:
In the Go To: Field, type GUAPMNU and press Enter. The form should appear as shown below.
A – Select object type
B – Are objects that you can add
C – Is your “My Banner” menu
Option 1: Using the object list to add objects
- Use the pull-down list (A) above the left pane to select the object type you want to display. The most commonly added objects are Forms and Menus. The left pane (B) lists the objects of the selected type that can be added to your personal menu.
- In the left pane (B), select objects you want to add to your menu by double-clicking the object. You may select more than one object to add at a time. To do this, simply continue to double-click on other objects. When you select an object the name is highlighted blue.
- Click in the right pane (C) where you want to place the new menu objects.
- Click the single arrow right to insert the highlighted objects into the right pane (C), which represents your personal menu.
- To save your menu, click File and then Save.
- To see your updated menu, you have to log out and log back in.
Option 2: Using the 7-character name to add objects
1. Place the cursor (by clicking) in the blank Object field in the right pane (C).
2. Enter the object’s 7-character name.
For example GUAPSWD for the Password change form.
3. Press Enter and the form title defaults in the Description field.
4. To save your menu, Click File and then Save.
5. To see your updated menu, you have to log out and log back in.
How to Remove Objects from Your Personal Menu:
1. Select th item in the right pane (C) that you wish to remove from your personal menu by double-clicking the object.
You may select more than one item at a time to remove.
2. Click single left arrow to remove the selected item(s) from your personal menu.
3. To save your menu, Click File and then Save.
4. To see your updated menu, you have to log out and log back in.
How to Access Your Personal Menu:
On the main menu screen, double-click on My Banner at the top of the list of menus.
The objects on your personal menu will appear below My Banner. You may open objects by double-clicking on them.
The personal menu is accessible only to the user who created it.