Customizing User Preferences for Internet-Native Banner
Before You Begin:
- Open Internet-Native Banner (INB) by going to https://banner.umflint.edu
- Login to INB using your Uniqname and Banner password. If you do not have a banner password please contact the Helpdesk.
Changing User Preferences:
Users have the ability to customize the overall look and feel of the Banner forms. This is done by accessing the General User Preference Maintenance Form (GUAUPRF).
To access the General User Preference Maintenance Form:
- Type GUAUPRF into the Go To: field in the top left of INB
- Press Enter, you will now see the General User Preferences Maintenance Menu
Tabs within GUAUPRFThere are five tabs across the top of the form, four of which are active for editing. These tabs provide access to different parts of the User Preferences form. Below you will find a discription of the different tabs and functions within the tabs
Display Options Tab:
Display Options Subsection:
By selecting this option, users are able to alter the information displayed with the form.
- By default, the boxes are checked and all information is displayed when the form is presented on the screen.
- If desired, the boxes may be unchecked. This will cause various information to no longer be displayed when the form is presented. If you make any changes, then click Save and exit the form.Note: Some changes require you to exit and restart Banner to see the changes.
Alert Options Subsection:
In INB, the user is often notified by a message box being displayed before actions take place. The Alert options allow the user to modify if and how they are notified.
- By default, all items are checked. Users have the ability to uncheck any item they choose. By removing the checkmark from any item, it will cause that item to become inactive and prompts or warnings will no longer be displayed.
- If you make any changes, then click Save and exit the form.Some changes require you to exit and restart Banner before the change takes affect.
Below is a short discription of the 4 different types of Alert Options:
Prompt Before Exiting Banner – currently users are notified, after selecting the Exit icon, to confirm they want to truly exit Banner. By un-checking this box, the user will no longer be warned. If un-checked, the application will close when the Exit icon is clicked.
Confidential and Deceased Warning - as the default, a ‘Warning Message’ is displayed confirming either confidentiality or deceased. If these checks are removed, this warning will not be displayed.However, on the form, near the top, Confidential or Deceased will be displayed. By leaving these boxes checked, additional warnings in the areas of confidentiality and deceased status are displayed.
Display Duplicate SSN/SIN/TIN Warning – Check box that indicates whether you want Banner to display a warning message if you try to create a new ID with a SSN/SIN/TIN that is already being used. If you check this box, a pop-up error message window will be displayed for any duplicate SSNs when you add the SSN/SIN/TIN to the identification record.
User Interface Color Settings Subsection:
Users have the ability to modify the color scheme of the forms. We are not recommending users change their colors settings, please do so at your own risk.
Directory Options Tab:
It is not recommended to make any changes under this tab.Use this window to specify the directory that you want to use for various features of Banner. Each option on this window has three fields:
- Description–The type of directory, such as Local directory for saving output.
- Default Value–The default directory for the entire institution. The value is set by the system administrator. You cannot change it.
- User Value–Your preferred value for the option, if you want to use a value other than the institution default. If you do not enter a value in this field, then the value in the Default Value field is used.
My Links Tab:
You can create a link from the main menu to a web site or Banner object using Personal Links. Make sure you do not have pop-ups blocked with any third-party software. Pop-up blockers can interfere with the performance of your personal links. You should notice there are two fields associated with each Personal Link description and URL. Both values are required for the Personal Link to be active. As an example, we have entered Advisor Holds Link description and URL in your first Personal Link.
To create a link:
You will notice the first option is for My Institution This is a default link setup to the UM-Flint homepage.
- Go to the 4th link location and enter a description of your link in the User Value field associated with the first available personal link description. This will be the description as it will appear on the main screen of Banner.
- Enter the URL or Banner object name in the User Value field associated with the same personal link URL or Banner object.
- Click Save. You must exit Banner and log back in to see your changes.
Menu Settings Tab:
It is not recommended to make any changes under this tab. Use this window to choose the menu that will be open when you first log in to Banner.
Default Value: A preference is initially set for the institution by a script run during installation. It can only be changed by a user logged in as the BASELINE user, which changes the preference for the whole institution.
User Default: If you want to use an open menu other than the institution default, you can specify it in this field. The value you choose will not be overwritten by subsequent releases of Banner, and only applies to your user ID.
If you do not specify a preference, the institution’s default preference will be displayed.
For either default you can enter the name of the menu, or click the Search button to search for a menu on the Object Search Form (GUIOBJS). The menu must already exist on GUIOBJS, or you will receive an error message. The description of the menu is automatically populated. Note: Any menu chosen to be the default must already exist as part of the *MAIN Banner menu tree structure. It must exist in GUIOBJS with a Type of Menu. Other Helpful Internet-Native Banner Articles
For more information using INB please reference the articles linked below. If what you are looking for is not found below and someone in your department can not provide you with your departments procedure for the task please contact the ITS HelpDesk at 810-766-6804 and we will do our best with getting you assistance with your task.