Logging in and changing your password in Internet- Native Banner(INB)
Before You Begin:
You must have a web browser, such as Internet explorer or Mozilla Firefox, installed on your computer to complete this Quick note. For more information on how to install a web browser, please contact the ITS helpdesk at 810-766-6804 0r email the helpdesk email@example.com.
Two web browser windows are required to run INB. When accessing INB, a “UMFLINT BANNER (PROD)- WebUtil” window will appear first and begin loading the plug- in necessary to run banner. When that is finished, a second window, titled “Oracle Developer Forms Runtime- web,” will open and run the actual banner forms.
Both Windows must remain open while banner is in use- if the user closes either window, the banner session will be closed.
Logging into Banner:
- Open your web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Go to https://banner.umflint.edu
- Type your uniquename in the user field of the logon window
- Type your banner password in the password field
- Type Prod in the database field as the database you wish to use
- 6. Press or click Connect
Changing Your password:
- To change your password type GUAPSWD in the Go To field and press <enter> or click the “change banner password” links column on the right hand side of the screen.
- Type your current password in the oracle password field
- Type your new password in the New oracle password field
- Re- type in your new password again in the next line
- Your Password must be 8 characters long. Please see http://www.umflint.edu/its/services/policies.htm for more information regarding the password policy.
- Click save and then click Ok
For more information using INB please reference the articles linked below and someone in your department can not provide you with your departmental procedure for the task please contact the ITS helpdesk at 810-766-6804 and we will do our best with getting you assistance.