Printing Batch Prerequisite Check Report from Banner
Before You Begin:
You will need a Banner account in order to complete the steps below. If you do not have a banner account please reference the What is Banner? Quicknote, which can be found by going to the Helpdesk homepage, scrolling down until you see What is…? on the right hand side of the page under Quicknotes.
If you can’t remember your Banner password or have locked yourself out of your account please contact the ITS HelpDesk at email@example.com or 810-766-6804.
What Access is Needed?
You will need access to the SZRPREQ form in INB. If you find that you do not have access to this form when completing the steps below please contact the ITS HelpDesk and place a work ticket to have access granted for this form.
Run Batch Prerequisite Check Report:
This report should be run after early registration periods and again after grades have been posted for a semester to determine if students are registered or wait-listed in an upcoming course without meeting the prerequisite(s).
Caution: Do not run this report during the grade submission period!
- Open your Web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer)
- Got to https://banner.umflint.edu
- Login using your Uniqname and Banner Password
- In the Go To Field type SZRPREQ and Press Enter
- When the Process Submission Control form opens, press <Ctrl> + <Page Down> so that your cursor is positioned in the Printer: field.
- Type the printer name or double-click in the Printer: field and select a printer from the list
- Press <Ctrl> + <Page Down>.
- Press Tab to get to the Values field. Enter the parameter values as shown below.
Term: enter the code for the term (I.E. 200410 for Fall 2003), then press <down arrow> key. Subject: Enter the code for the course subject. (I.E. CSC)
If you wish to check more than one subject at a time
- After entering the first Subject, press <F6> to insert a record
- <F4> to duplicate the record
- Press Tab to place your cursor in the Subject Values field
- Type over the code with the next subject code.
- Repeat this process until all desired subjects are added.
- When finished adjusting the parameters, press <Ctrl> + <Page Down>
- Click Save on the toolbar.
You should see a message in the gray status bar at the bottom of the window that lists the job number. This will indicate that your job was submitted and is running.
- Click Exit to close the form and return to the Main menu.
Your report will print to the selected printer when completed, this could take 20-30 min.
This report will list the course section and then each student (ID, name, and course registration status) who does not meet the required prerequisites. After the student name, the prerequisites are listed line by line with a “met” or “not met” indicator. You should review the report to determine if a student should be allowed to remain registered or wait-listed for the course.
- If you choose to allow the student to remain in the course, you must issue a PREREQ override for that student. If you do not issue this override, the next time the student adjusts his/her schedule the course will be automatically dropped.
- If you want the student removed from the course, you must notify the Registrar’s Office in writing or by email. A notice will be mailed to the student that they have been dropped due to unmet prerequisites. Students may be administratively dropped only until the add deadline in a term.