What is Banner?
Banner is an administrative database that houses all student-related data, essentially tracking student activity from recruitment to graduation. The database provides data integrity, accessibility, and flexibility for enhanced decision-making and improved service to students. The Banner database is directly linked with the online Student Information System (SIS), which allows for web registration and web-based faculty grade submission.
Where is Banner Accessible From?
Banner is currently accessible only from an on-campus, networked computer. It is not available in the open computer labs or over the wireless network.
How Do I Get a Banner ID?
In order to use Banner, you will need to obtain a Banner ID and password. To obtain a Banner ID and password, please follow the steps below. If you already have a Banner ID and password, then you can continue to the next section.
To obtain a Banner ID:
- Submit an online Access Request form (http://umflint.edu/its/forms/accessrequest.page).
- Complete the self-paced Computer-Based Training (CBT) (http://umflint.edu/its/banner/training.page).
- After your Access Request Form and CBT score have been received, you will receive an email informing you to come to the ITS Helpdesk to obtain your Banner password. Please keep in mind that ID requests may take up to three business days to process.
How Do I Access Additional Banner Forms or Tables?
You must complete an Access Change Request Form (http://www.umflint.edu/sites/its/forms/banner.pdf). After approval of the change has been received, access will be granted.
How Do I Set-Up and Access Banner?
Banner requires two components. These are:
- Java – http://www.java.com/en/.
- Version 1.4.2 or higher is required to run Internet-Native Banner (INB).
- The computer must be a university-owned, on-campus computer.
After configuring the needed components onto your computer, open Internet Explorer and go to https://banner.umflint.edu/. You will need to login using your uniqname and Banner password.