Using the Scanner in the 3174 WSW ~ ITS Computer Lab
1. Login to the PC with the scanner located in 3174 WSW.
2. Place the image you wish to scan in the upper right corner of the scanner.
Note: There is no power switch on the scanner; it is always on stand-by. 3. Press the Scan button on the front of the scanner. It is the first button on the left. This will turn the scanner on. Then click on Scan button again.
4. It should bring up a dialog box for HP Scanjet 3600 Series. Scroll down to select Photoshop and click OK.
5. Once Adobe Photoshop is open. Go to File, then Import, and choose WIA-hp scanjet 3600 series.
6. It should bring up a dialog box Scan using hp scanjet 3600 series. Select the appropriate option and click on Accept.
7. Go to the File menu and choose Save As. Choose the drive you wish to save the image in, and give the image a file name. Click Save.
It is highly recommended that you choose JPEG Image as the file format. 8. Log out after completing the process.