Configuring Outlook 2011 for UM-Flint Email
Before You Begin:
Outlook 2011 has replaced Entourage in the Mac Office Suite for 2011.
This quicknote will assist you with configuring Outlook 2011 for use with the UM-Flint Exchange Server.
You do not need to be connected to the VPN to use Outlook 2011.
Note: Tested and Compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
Configuring Outlook 2011 for Exchange:
- Open Outlook 2011
- Click Outlook in the top left corner
- Click Preferences
- Click Accounts, found under Personal Settings
- Click the plus sign in the bottom left corner of the screen
- For E-mail Address type: email@example.com
- For Method select User Name and Password
- For Username type: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Password type your LAN Password
- Check Configure Automatically
- Click Add Account
- Wait for a few moments and the account should add.
- If the information box comes back asking for a server type the server address as email.umflint.edu
- You should now be connected and syncing mail. Depending on the size of your mailbox the process of syncing your mail could take 10 minutes or more.