Connecting to Your Homedrive on Mac OS 10.5 Leopard or 10.4 Tiger
Before you Begin:
If you are off campus, you must first connect to the VPN before attempting this Quicknote. To use the steps below you must be useing VPN Network Connect. For directions on using the VPN and the Network Connect function please reference the quicknote entitled “How to Access and Use the VPN at UM-Flint” found in the Networking and Collaboration category. http://www.umflint.edu/helpdesk/perm/category/networkingcollaboration/
Note: Tested and Compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
Configure Homedrive access on your Mac:
- Click Finder on the dock.
- Click Go on the menu bar.
- Click Connect to Server on the Go menu.
- In the Server Address field, type the following
- For Students – smb://22.214.171.124/home/uniqname
- For Faculty and Staff – smb://126.96.36.199/home/uniqname
- Click Connect on the Connect to Server window.
- When prompted, enter your uniqname and password
- Click Connect.
- Your homedrive will now be listed in the Finder Sidebar under homedrive/home