Creating a Distribution List in Microsoft Outlook 2007
Before You Begin:
Please note that this guide is meant for use with Outlook 2007 and may not be completely compatible with other versions of Outlook.
Steps for Outlook 2010 will be available soon.
Creating and Using a Distribution List:
- In Outlook, click File, go to New, and then click Distribution List.
- Click the Select Members button. A list of university users and departments will then appear on screen. Double-click on the members you wish to add to your distribution list and click OK.
- Enter a name for the distribution list. Click Save and then click Close. The new list should now appear in your Contacts folder.
- If you wish to add an email address which is not on the university email list, click Add New (located to the right of Select New Members). Enter the display name and an email address and click OK.
- To send to the newly created distribution list, go to your Contacts folder. Right-click on your distribution list, go to Create, and then select New Message to Contact. This will create a blank email message address to your distribution list.