Creating a Distribution List in Outlook 2003/2007
Before You Begin:
Please note that this guide is meant for use with Outlook 2003, 2007, and may not be completely compatible with older versions of Outlook.
Additions for Outlook 2010 to come soon.
Creating and Using a Distribution List:
- Click File
- Click New
- Click Distribution List.
- Click the Select Members button. A list of university users and departments will appear. Double-click on the members you wish to add to your distribution list and click OK.
- If you wish to add an e-mail address which is not on the list, click the Add New button. Enter a display name and an e-mail address and click OK
- Enter a name for the distribution list and click the Save and Close icon. The new list should now appear in your Contacts folder.
Sending a Message to a Distribution List:
- To send to the newly created distribution list, you must first add the Outlook Address Book to your account.
- To do this, Click Tools,
- Click E-mail Accounts.
- Click Add a new directory or address book and click the Next button.
- Select Additional Address Books and click the Next button.
- Select Outlook Address Book and click the Next button.
- You will receive a message indicating that the address book has been added.You must close Outlook and re-open it for the change to take effect.
- Once you re-open Outlook, select your Contacts folder.
- Right-click on the distribution list and select New Message to Contact.
- An untitled e-mail message will pop-up with your distribution list listed in the To… field.