Creating Personal Folders in Outlook 2007
- Select File
- Click New
- Click Outlook Data File.
- Highlight Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)
- Click OK.
- Select where you would like to save your personal file. Your H:Drive is recommended as a save location because it is backed up at least twice a day.
- Create a name for your .pst file
- Enter your LAN password. (This is the same as your Email and computer login password)
- When the process is completed, you should see a new personal folder, with the name that you created in your folders list of Outlook 2007.
You may now place email from your account into this .pst folder just like any other folder in your account.
You will want to remember that you will only be able to access this information on this computer unless you import your .pst file into outlook on another computer.
*Coming Soon: How to Import and Export your .pst file