Configuring Outlook 2010/2013 in Windows 7
Before You Begin:
Please be aware that the images might not reflect your operating system but the steps should be very close to those needed for your computer. We will be coming out with an updated version of this QuickNote soon.
If you are setting this up at home you must be connected to the VPN when using Outlook.
On-campus Outlook will prompt you to log in with your email@example.com and your LAN password.
Configuring Outlook for your University Mail
- Click the Windows Orb .
- Click Control Panel
- Switch to Classic View if using XP or Vista, click User Accounts if using Windows 7.
- Click Mail.
- Click Email Accounts.
- Click New (If you did not have this configured for another account, it might pop with a screen asking what you want to do. If it does this, click Add new email Account.The other steps will be the same.
- Check Manually configure server settings or additional server types and press Next.
- Choose Microsoft Exchange and click Next.
- For the Microsoft Exchange server put in email.umflint.edu
- For User Name type in your last name, your first name. Then click Check Names.
- If you have the correct server address and the correct user name the server address will underline and your user name will be all in capitols and underlined. If everything is correct, click Next, otherwise click Back.
- Click Finish. Click Close in the Email Account Window and Close in the Mail Setup Window.
Open Outlook and within a few minutes all of your emails should become available.