Windows Vista and 7 Drive Mapping
Before you Begin:
These drives can now easily be accessed through the use of https://vpn.umflint.edu without the steps below. The steps that follow are for mapping the drive to your computer rather than accessing it through the above site. ITS Recommends accessing the below listed drives through https://vpn.umflint.edu for ease of use and security.
To use the steps below you must be useing VPN Network Connect. For directions on using the VPN and the Network Connect function please reference the quicknote entitled “How to Access and Use the VPN at UM-Flint” found in the Networking and Collaboration category.
Mapping Your Network Drive
Option 1: Run the Logon Script
- Click the Start Orb
- Type \\umflint.edu\netlogon\logon.bat into the search bar
- Press Enter on your keyboard
- Your drives will be mapped once the black DOS box disappears.
Option 2: Map the Drives Manually
- Connect to the VPN via Network Connect.
- Click on the Start Orb in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Click on Computer.
- Click on Map network drive in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Under Drive, click the drop down arrow and select a drive letter that has not been used yet. H: works well for your homedrive.
- In the field next to Folder type the address of the folder you would like to map.
- Homedrive for STUDENTS: Type in \\homedrive.umflint.edu\home\<your uniqname>
- Homedrive for FACULTY & STAFF: Type in\\facstaffhome\home\<your uniqname>
- PCPub: \\deptdrive.umflint.edu\PCPub
- Click Finish.
Now when you connect to the VPN you can go to Computer and there is a link to the folder that you have just mapped. Please note you will only be able to get to this folder when connected to the VPN via Network Connect.
When prompted for a username and password, please be sure to use email@example.com and your LAN password.