What is PaperCut?
PaperCut is the system that ITS uses to keep track of student printing in the computer labs on campus.
When you print a document in the computer labs, it doesn’t automatically print on the printer at the front of the lab. You must “print” the document from your computer in the lab and then log into the PaperCut station near the printers to release your print job. When you release your print job, the fee for printing is deducted from your print account funds.
Printing Provided By the University:
Every semester, all registered students are each given the ability to print 400 black and white pages from their Student/PaperCut account without having to pay. When printing in color you will use 6 of your printing credits.
If printing a double-sided page, each side will be counted as one page!
All credits are subject to change at the discretion of the ITS department and the university
No Credits Appear on Your Account:
If you have not used your print credits for the current term but you find that you do not have any print credit applied to your account, please go to 206 MSB to have your credit applied.
Please keep in mind you will not get the semester credit if you are not registered for classes for that term.
Adding Pages To Your Account:
If you are registered for the current semester, you may add pages to your print account by logging into Student Information Services (SIS). Between semesters you may encounter a day that this option is not available while we load credits for the next term. If you have questions about this please contact the ITS Helpdesk.
- Login to SIS using your Uniqname and LAN Password
- Click on Personal Information
- Click My Campus Computer Account
- Click Add PaperCut Pages
- Follow the directions provided on the screen
Printing pages that you add will be available to use immediately. When you request for additional pages to be added to your PaperCut account, a charge will be made to your university student account. You can pay this bill at the Cashier’s office.
Please be aware that anyone who is not a current student (such as alumni, Faculty, Staff, GEC students, Non-Registered Students or any students between semesters) must add credits through www.umflint.edu/its/store, or for cash purchases visit the ITS Main Office in 905 NBC. Credits added for anyone who is not a currently registered student can only be added Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm.
Refunds for Bad Prints:
Any request for PaperCut credit refund must be made to the ITS department in 206 MSB.
Person requesting refund must fill out the PaperCut refund form and have it signed by an ITS employee in one of the open labs (206 MSB, 3174 WSW), or you can bring it to the ITS office in 206 MSB.
Form must be filled out completely for refund to be considered. By signing the form the employee is stating that they have looked at the prints and agree with the reason marked as to why refund should be given.
The following are acceptable reasons for refund to be given:
- Low toner
- Paper jam
- Damaged paper
- Lines in print
- Quality of prints
Refunds will not be given for print errors made by the person printing (such as pages or print options being set up incorrectly or printing of blank pages)
Refunds are only given for equipment malfunctions If the student wants their refund right away they can bring the copies to the ITS office (206 MSB) Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Otherwise the lab staff employee can send the request through campus mail (this will take 2-3 business days for refund to appear).
Student will receive an email confirmation once refund request has been accepted or denied.
Refunds for Money Left at the End of the Semester:
- Any portion of the initial 400 credits remaining at the end of a term will roll over to the next semester and will be eliminated at the end of the following Summer term.
- Refunds will not be made for leftover amounts from the initial 400 credits allowances at the end of the Summer term following their addition.
- At the end of the current semester, if you added more credits through SIS than you used, you will be refunded for all amounts over $2.00.
- For example: if you add $10 to your account, but only use $5, then a $5 credit will be made to your student account.
- Any refund is made to your university student account and not your Papercut account.
- At the end of the current semester, if you added additional funds using your credit card or cash these credits will roll over into the next term. Roll-over credits will only continue to roll over till your account is no longer active or 2 years, whichever comes first.
PaperCut Stations on Campus:
Murchie Science Building (MSB)
- Room 206 – 3 Black and White Printers and 1 Color Printer
- Room 501 – 1 Black and White Printer
- Room 507 – 1 Black and White Printer
French Hall (FH)
- Room 205 – 1 Black and White Printer and 1 Color Printer
- Room 459 – 1 Black and White Printer
University Center (UCEN)
- Student Life Loft (3rd Floor) – 1 Black and White
- 1 Black and White Printer on Every Floor
- Academic Advising Loft (2nd Floor) – 1 Black and White Printer
William S. White (WSW)
- Room 3153 – 2 Black and White Printers
- Room 3176 – 1 Black and White Printer
- Room 3174 – 1 Black and White and 1 Color Printer
- Room 3175 – 1 Black and White Printer
First Street Residence Hall
- Front Lobby – 1 Black and White Printer
Riverfront School of Management Floor
- Open Lab – 1 Black and White Printer and 1 Color Printer
- Financial Lab – 1 Black and White Printer